Monday, September 12, 2011

McNamee -> Saltzman Big Kids Ride

I occasionally like to pretend that I'm one of the big kids, and am perfectly capable of riding the West Hills like they do. In reality, I struggle to keep up with Dr B, particularly in 90+ degree heat, as it was yesterday on our first of what will hopefully be many Sundays off together. After a leisurely pre-caffienation session, we climbed up Cornell to Skyline, flew down McNamie (where I finally got to see the Troll Wall!), south to Sauvie where we relaxed at Kruger's Farm with snowcones and grilled chicken sandos, and then grinded back up Saltzman towards home. I have to say that Saltzman was relatively gentle despite the rubble, and though I was beyond tired from the heat, it was so much easier than hateful Newberry Rd. All in all, a great summer ride. But am I ready for Hurricane Ridge next week?!

35 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment