Sunday, February 5, 2012

Helvetia Ride, Redux

I hated last October's Helvetia Ride so much that I decided to ruin a gorgeous 50-degree day doing it again, only this time we added a climb out of Beck Rd.'s scenic canyon to really ensure that I was a wreck by the time we got home. It was 4,000 feet of climbing in 40 miles, it was brutal and it was awesome. Not bad for February, even if I did get passed by every other biker out there.
How can staying inside and watching the Super Bowl be better than this?
Me and the backside of a barn (I'm the blue one).
Loving life on Skyline.
Yup, feeling awesome.
Dr B says this is a shortcut.
He lied.
Mmmm, downhill. This ride has some of the fastest, funnest downhill. Until it doesn't.
Right before dropping into Helvetia.
Everything is pretty on a sunny day.
All these roads are dicks if you ask me.
What's he laughing at?
This was right before I lost my will to live.
I saw Saddle Mountain and Jefferson on this ride, neither of which is pictured here.

This is me summoning the strength to go on by imagining myself flying away on a sparkly pony.


Plainview grocery store... tell me about this thing you call... Red Bull?
So it's not RAMROD... but it's February!

No comments:

Post a Comment