Monday, May 7, 2012

Table Mountain Hike

Table Mountain caught me by surprise. I knew it was rated as difficult, but I didn't believe it. Heartbreak Ridge was tough, but honestly it was worse going down, even taking the more "user-friendly" west ridge down. Does this mean I'm getting old? Anyway, great day in the Gorge. I got a tad off track at the Aldrich Butte junction and added a couple miles to my hike by coming out under the powerlines and then backtracking to the resort, but overall the largely-unmarked trail is fairly intuitive. I would not do this one in bad weather at all, due to the slippery descent and steep cliffs. Still, a fun day, and a better hike than the less scenic Mount Defiance. And this should give me some preparation for Ruckel Ridge later this summer... eek!







10.5 miles, 3,561ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment