Wednesday, June 20, 2012

That Time I Drove To Yosemite For A Weekend

With one week between semesters and a traditional 9-5 lifestyle looming ahead, the desire to hit the road was irresistible this week. I knew Yosemite was the only place I would find snow-free high elevations trails at this time of year, so I hauled ass across the border. Took a night in Reno on the way there, but drove straight through life a crazy person on the way home. But here's the thing, I got down there, and I missed my husband. I know, crazy, right? I was sitting in heavenly Tuolumne Meadows, one of my most favorite places in the world, and it just wasn't right without him. It seems that I'm never as independent or strong or adaptable as I want to be. But I try, and in the meanwhile, I see some awesome sights and visit spectacular high places before the homing beacon starts pulsing. Mount Dana was easy and fun, and anytime I'm in California it's a good thing. Part of me still wants to live in California, except now it's Yosemite instead of San Francisco. I don't think Dr. B is going to go for it this time, either. But fortunately, it's only 13 hours away.















No comments:

Post a Comment