Sunday, February 10, 2013

I'd Make A Pun About the Woods, But I'm Stumped

So, I'm thinking global warming might work out for Portland. After yet another sunny Sunday here in the previously-unbearably-gloomy Pacific Northwest, I may just stop daydreaming about Bend and Mammoth.

Headed out to Trillium again, I know it's not exciting. But it was a great day nonetheless - I did two loops and even learned to control my speed a little better on the long downhill at the end. I think one of my problems last week was not getting my legs far enough apart... that's not a problem your Mom has - blammo! That's one of the things about teaching yourself, you can miss the basics. So I kept a wide stance this time and never got going too fast. The downside is that probably would've been an okay day to let go a little what with all the soft snow, but I like baby steps when it comes to high speed sports. Except all the freaking babies out there ski better than me.

But if anyone comes to this blog ever looking for a peaceful spot for xc skiing, I can't recommend this place on the weekends. Aside from a gaggle of shrieking blondes in heels near the trailhead who somehow managed to make it about 500ft down the hill, there was also a men's Christian choir treating everyone to their falsetto stylings next to the outhouse on the far side of the lake. I usually go into the woods to escape that kind of noise - don't be mistaken, this is not the woods.







No comments:

Post a Comment