Monday, October 14, 2013

October Color Weekend

My recovery from the marathon was what I expected - I walked funny until Wednesday, and by the weekend I was more or less back to normal. Encouraged by a promising weather forecast, I joined my husband and his friend (who are both much better riders than me) for a butt-kicker Rock Creek ride. It was amazingly beautiful, and almost made me forget that I need to get a bigger cassette on my new bike. Oh, and the downhills? Pure fun!




On Monday I had the crazy idea to drive all the way to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness for a hike I'd already done... just to see some larches.I invited my summer hiking buddy, and we found the trail to be a frustrating mix of ice, slush and deep snow. Neither of us brought our trusty microspikes, and I struggled with my snowshoes throughout Headlight Basin. Nevertheless, it was a gorgeous day, and one that I didn't expect to have again this year. Almost enough to take the edge off ten hours of driving in one day.







Oh hey, I signed up for the 2014 San Francisco Marathon. No big whoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment