Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Silver Star Mountain, Finally

I don't know, maybe I was expecting too much. Recent trip reports, including a second anniversary overnighter of some friends of mine, had me really amped up for Silver Star Mountain. Well, of course the road was terrible, and I chose this hike with which to christen my new car. I set off on the Grouse Vista trail, which was tedious and rough and lacked the views of Ed's Trail or the Bluff Mountain approach. The vista at the top wasn't mind-blowing, but still pretty cool: Indian Heaven Wilderness, the Dark Divide, and the SoWa Cascades peeking out of the clouds. I will have to go back on a clearer day, or maybe at a different time of day for better light. As it was, I thought this hike paled in comparison to the hype.







6 miles, 2.5-3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment