Monday, July 11, 2011

Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic 2011

We did it! And the best part is, we did it well, finishing both days strong and in much better time than we'd predicted. All the training paid off, from the miserable cold and rainy loops of Hagg Lake this winter, to our recent grueling ride up Mount St Helens to prove that indeed we were ready to tackle back-to-back centuries. And I'll tell you, I've never had more fun with so many people in my life - what a great event. Thanks to Cascade Bicycle Club for putting it together, big hugs to everyone who let me join their paceline and draft basically from Rainier to PDX, and speedy recovery wishes to those who suffered injuries on the road. Dr. B was a great coach, but little does he know, I've already got my eye on the one-day finisher patch for next year...








No comments:

Post a Comment