Sunday, July 28, 2013

Blanca Lake

Planned on doing an epic drive-double header-drive with Blanca and Persis as the meat in my hiking sandwich. Chose Sunday to avoid Seattle traffic. And although I reached the Blanca TH at the scheduled time, the hike and drive out took slightly longer than anticipated. I considered staying overnight to do Persis, but instead skulked around its perimeter in gaping admiration of the whole Index-Persis complex and saved it for another day. Blanca is short but gnarly, both ways. And, as this was my first Sunday hike in a long time, I was a little shellshocked by all the people. Then I got stuck in a traffic jam between Goldbar and the turnoff for 522. I've gotta figure out a better way to do these hikes...

























No comments:

Post a Comment