Thursday, July 4, 2013

New Kicks - Brooks Pure Flow

So, I finally ran my awesome Brooks Pure Cadence into the ground. When I discovered that the Pure Cadence 2 comes in an unacceptably gross color scheme, I had to start searching for a replacement. I tried the Nike Frees, as well as a few other minimalist shoes before settling on the Pure Flow (pictured above). Took home the Pure Grit first, but they were straight-up painful. They went back to REI in a fit of rage. However, these Flows seem to be working nicely so far. I guess I'm a Brooks girl. Review to follow when I've put more miles on them.

Updated: These are not as good for my feet as the Cadence, but still pretty rad. At first one of my feet felt a tad too supported/corrected in the arch, and now I've either gotten used to it or broken them in. The break in period was maybe a week or two at the most. The laces can be pretty restrictive and cause toe numbness, so loosen them up if that happens to you. Good traction on mixed surfaces, but haven't had a single day of rain yet or taken them on a true trail run.

No comments:

Post a Comment