Friday, May 10, 2013

McKenzie Pass and Parkdale Weekend Rides


Starting off the 15 mile ascent to McKenzie Pass (highway 242) out of Sisters, Ore. Why, you ask? Wait.
Anticipating a harder climb, hitting the Hammer gels early.
Mostly pleasant climbing after 5 miles of false flat.
The lava fields are why you do this. That's Mount Washington and the flank of Belknap Crater off to the left.
Approaching the Pass.
Dee Wright Observatory ahead.
The Sisters, near where the PCT crosses 242.
I was so cold on the descent that I consented to wearing Dr. B's Raph-tard jacket. I am ashamed to admit that it is awesome.
Self-explanatory.
From Windy Pass, about 12 miles up.
Dr B's sweet ride.
I'm in there somewhere.
This ride gets the Charles Atlas seal of approval.
Day 2, riding from Hood River to Parkdale, with Mount Hood at the end of the highway.
Bitchin ride.
Feeling pretty badass right about now.
My compatriots like this "beer" stuff. I don't get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment