Friday, May 3, 2013

Timothy Lake Test Run


Okay, so I didn't go all the way around Timothy Lake for my big practice run in preparation for the half marathon next month. Because apparently I'm an idiot, I accidentally looped back around to my car about 4 miles in. That's the kind of mistake you make when you're overconfident, not looking at a map, going "fast" and listening to headphones. When I realized what I did, I decided to explore about the same distance in the other direction and hit the PCT junction before turning back around. Essentially, I did an 8-mile figure eight. Great. My limited impression is that is was a) hot, and b) hillier than I expected. Parts were flat, sure, but some weren't, and that made me nervous. I'm hoping that I was just accidentally off-trail for those parts, otherwise it's entirely possible that I will be crawling over that finish line on June 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment