Monday, May 20, 2013

Peterson Ridge 17-Mile Loop, Sisters, Ore.

Drove to the small town of Sisters, Oregon for the second time this month to try out the new mountain bike and get some sun while Portland was socked in with clouds and drizzle. We chose the Peterson Ridge system as an easy alternative to the Phil's network in Bend (where we've only ridden once, with a guide). It was just my speed. Some sports are difficult for a low-risk control freak, and this is one of them. Hopefully I will learn to trust my bike a little bit more. And I still don't think it's as hard as cross country skiing, so there's that. At least a mountain bike has brakes. And the fast and flowy parts through the pine are almost as good as hiking.

Black Butte, from the West Trail.
Posing on the trail. I spent a good portion of this ride either grinning like a maniac or grunting like Martina Navartilova.


Pretending to be more boss than I actually am. Riding over boulders is scary, there I said it.

Central Oregon colors.


I could seriously live here. 
Um, yeah, so lots of pics of Black Butte. North Sister was pretty close, but mostly shrouded in clouds.
We stopped for lunch at this conveniently-placed picnic table where the east and west trails meet.
Dr. B snapped this cool shot somewhere along the East Trail.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! I've just recently moved to the northwestern corner of Oregon. Your blog is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! Welcome to Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete